Wednesday, May 4, 2016

WOULD GOD


Could I say a prayer for you tonight?
If I said your name 
Would GOD know whom I was talking about?

Haven’t seen or heard from you in a week
Have you’ve forgotten me
Have you’ve even stop to think of me

Could I say a prayer for you tonight?
If I never see you again in this life
Would GOD make every thing all right?

I’ve been around when you’ve been down
Now I’m down, but you’re not around
Is my loneliness an inconvenient to you?

Could I say a prayer for me tonight?
Even if this friendship ends
Would GOD ever explain what love and friendship is?

Have you ever been friends with the one you love?
But the one you love is not your friend
It’s worse than just being in love

Could I say prayer for us tonight?
That you will remember me as I think of you
Would GOD take this pain, every time I hear your name?

©Copyright 1993 Thomas Dooley

No comments:

Post a Comment