Thursday, May 5, 2016

POET TREE



POET TREE

A word to grow, a seed in the soul
Hold to a phrase, branching out your way
What is in you, grows as you become whole
Growing high, growing with time

Each word growing freePoet Tree
Words are the leaves
The title is the tree. It grows in me
Many lines many pages, another poem today
Life has changed; it has gone it's own way
Don't want to write another poem the same
Poet Tree, It grows in you as it does in me
100 more poems growing from my soul


©2009 Thomas Dooley

Poetry is from the soul; it is a moment in life put to words. It isn't words that we use that define us, it is how you use them. If the words you have never pass your lips or the end of your pen, then they are just words, words that go unsaid. Alice Walker explained to me in one of her books what poetry was. It was so clear, poetry is an emotion. I feel it is this emotion that gives a voice to all the other emotions within us. That is true expression. Thank you Alice Walker, now I know how a poem is made.

No comments:

Post a Comment