Tuesday, May 3, 2016

HOME OF THE BRAVE or HOME OF THE SLAVE



I have no home
The land that I live on is not my home
It was another man's home
Plenty was the land, it proved all his needs
Every thing for life
Every thing for death
Am I a thief
Even though I didn't live in that century
When killing and raping the land
Was the plan
We brag
Land of the free
Home of the brave
More like
Land of the prisoner
Home of the slave
Who is better
The person being kicked?
Or the person doing the kicking?
40 stitches and a medical bill
In the past
It was 40 acres and a mule
With that we could give back
Land of the greed
Home of the need
We can't see past what we only want to see
Telling problems every one wants to hear
Tell me some solution no need for revolution
Why hate some one who says your idea is great
No one is going to clean your dirty plate
Political solutions is not the way
Community solution we need today
Brother helping brother
Sister helping sister
Land for me
Land for you
Land for all of us

©Copyright 1993 Thomas Dooley

No comments:

Post a Comment