Monday, August 8, 2016

MR. MAC


Mr. Mac
Had slant in his smile
He walked with style
Find a penny and he'd pick it up
Take a vision to reality is what he loved

Mr. Mac
With the passion of an eagle
The focus of a turtle 
God shows him past all the hurdles
It made troubles seem so little

Mr. Mac
Took a boy from the street
Shown him what he could be
Changing him into a man
Shown him how to take on responsibilities 

Mr. Mac
There is a spirit in your strength
When you speak it makes me think
Challenge me in all my dreams
Now I am on the path that I can see

Mr. Mac
Father, husband, brother, a friend
The titles never end
Sleep through a conversation
But always gave words of wisdom

Mr. Mac
You brought prayer at noon
Now you're gone too soon
In the lap of GOD, you now can rest

The memory of you
Challenges us to be our best

©Copyright 2016 Thomas Dooley

No comments:

Post a Comment