Wednesday, August 10, 2016

AFRICAN QUEEN



I once had a dream
Of an African Queen
On my knees
She would look down on me
The color in her eyes were strong
The brown color of her skin
Would reflect the warmth of the sun
Her garments
Had the strong colors
Of her land
With her hand
She would touch my head
As I look into her face
I see the beginning of every race
Feeling the urge to kiss her face
Wanting to be her servant
Loving her goodness
As a queen she is blessed
Out of respect
I kissed the feet of an African Queen
Thinking of what I can say
To explain
Why most of her family
Has gone away
Denouncing
My fathers of the past
There is nothing I can say
To change what has happen
In the past
But to go forward
To make a past to be proud of
And show my respect
To a Black Woman
Who is blessed
 
As an African Queen
To feel the soft brown skin
Against my cheek
I know it is a dream
Because a Queen
Like her only live
Long ago
African Queen
Has a soul so strong
A color that is the same
A woman like her should be praised
It is sad we don’t do that to day
To be in the presence
Of a Queen
Is a blessing
To kiss the feet of one
Is an honor
A African Queen
Touched the tear filled face
Of this white child
Who wishes only to honor her
He lives with his own pain and misery
So don't judge him for that
Comfort him
With forgiveness
Love him for the respected given to her
She holds him to her bosom
This is the only white child
Who asks for forgiveness
For something he hadn't done
Let him live in your wisdom
Let him live in you strength
Let him live with your soul
And take joy in it
Because she is the African Queen
She is blessed

©Copyright 2016 Thomas Dooley

No comments:

Post a Comment