Sunday, August 7, 2016

DANA

We walked, we talked
She got my attention
Somehow she got my heart

A high school love affair
That didn't go nowhere
I didn't care
She was a once in a life time friend

Dana was friend
A first time feeling that wouldn't last
Has she forgotten me in her memories of the past

She moved out of my life
And walked away from my heart
Nothing last forever
The nervousness with her I remember

Dana took my heart
I gave it to her like it was candy
Dropped the rapper to the floor
To bad there is no more

Now all grown on a path of her own
Living a life I will never know
Nothing but love around her

Dana you came a long way
Friend, wife and mother
Can't trade it for any other
Worth more than platinum or gold

Living in the purple valley
In the heart of Minnesota
Envious of the love that holds her

Dana what you got is just too cool

©Copyright 2016 Thomas Dooley

No comments:

Post a Comment