Thursday, December 1, 2016

MY RELIGION

There is much more to life than a weekend confession
The sins of another striving for some attention
Sitting in the pew no one ever sees you

My religion
Is much more than a place
Much more than a made up face
My religion
Is what is inside, no more it can't hide
It is nothing I hold it is who I am and that is a soul

Claiming words of inspiration
Saying there ancient never changing
It takes one person to say it is offensive
Next week there will be a new version

My religion
Is not what a preacher proclaiming
God wants him to have plain
My religion
Is much more than desire
It is giving without expectations

Celebrating the torture of one man
Making that an excuse to crusade and kill millions more
That was not what life was meant for
It is meant to be surrounded by loved ones as you grow old

My religion
Is not proclaiming power or position
Acting as if I know more than you
My religion
Is in the way I look at you
Looking past the exterior to what really make you

Sister Juciefrute flirts with the minister
But the minister has a twist in his booty
But as hypocrites, they judge you for this
As they sing I'm blessed

My religion
Is not talking about one way to a destination
When you have never been there
My religion
It is a path of my own
With the ONE on my mind, I will never be alone

My religion
Is in the sun, moon and stars
Is the light in a new mother's eyes
Is love when your many miles apart
It is the simplest of anything
My religion
Is peace

©Copyright2016 Thomas Dooley





No comments:

Post a Comment