Saturday, December 17, 2016

METAPHORIC CONVERSATION

It was a coincidence that we meet
But the way you left the room was such a mess
We thought about the same things
We were reaching for the same dreams

I couldn't understand your metaphoric conversation
Paranoid imagery you had about me
Saying things only you understood just making up words

Thought this was meant to be just you and me
Thought I was finally free, living a lonely dream
But you had an alternate plan to get all you can

I couldn't understand your metaphoric conversation
These stories you make about me
You rather lie, than talk like a child

With my friends, you get in my head
They say you have another face
But I can't look past the smile and the pretty lace

I couldn't understand your metaphoric conversation
What you talking about Willis I'd say
You can't take joke with seriousness in your voice

But I got no choice when your the one who makes all the noise
You rather be friends, you say this isn't a date
So why don't you pay for the food on your plate

This metaphoric conversation has to end
This isn't a new relationship trend
If you don't have the moves there is nothing to prove

©Copyright Thomas Dooley 2016



No comments:

Post a Comment