Tuesday, March 1, 2011

TO THE DAWN AND BACK

Been to the dawn and back
Looked at my self and asked
What is it you lack?

Try to make my own way.
Make my own tracks
Standing in the middle of a one-way street.
They just pass me without a word hello or hi.

Sitting alone in a crowded room.
Everyone will be better soon.
As they move further away from me
Pray Lord, let my life just be a dream.

Been to the dawn and back
Look at myself and asked.
What do you lack?

Quiet fills the room.
Hear the sound but don't look down
Look across the room.
See the gypsy girl telling fortune.
From her crystal ball telling it all
She sang my sad song.

Want to go back to the dawn
To hear a new sad song.
To see myself in a new light.
This time it'll be alright.

© Copyright 2011 Thomas Dooley

No comments:

Post a Comment