Tuesday, March 1, 2011

SPEAK OF THE DAY

Speak to the people who need help in the worse way
Comfort them as they pray as they say

Lord, give me the next day
Don’t let me loose my way
If you don’t hear my prayer before I wake
Let my soul move to that other upper place
Want to wake to a light than to wake to the dark
Listen to my soul listen to my heart

Lord, give me the next day
Show me my way
As I continue to pray
Do I have to pray for another soul
Before you let me know if I’m hole
Take what I know hold my soul

Hear the people who need help in the worse way
Comfort them as they pray

Lord, give me the next day
Don’t let me fade away
Is there much more to me, more than any one can see
Than feeling warmth, than feeling cold
Is there more to me than flesh and blood
As I strive for peace and love
It is not just of the heart but of the soul



©2011 Thomas Dooley

No comments:

Post a Comment