Wednesday, March 27, 2024

IN BELIZE

What is this, I feel? Something so different something so real
Always searching for that path for that plan
Feeling the warm air and the smell of a Caribbean sea.

I want to think of you as you think of me
I want to dream of you as you dream of me
I want to pack up my past and  pray these memories will last

Feel the innocent touch of your hand
Reminisce of the warm breeze in Belize

What is this feeling that has eluded me most of my life
Always looking for that inspiring guiding light 
Laying back to look at a clear blue sky

I want to look in your eye and see that same sky.
I want to feel that warm sun beaming around your silhouette.
I want to taste that sweet fruit and imagine it is a kiss from you.

See the night sky, the bright stars, nothing like the ones in your eyes.
Just like the night sky in Belize

Copyright © Thomas J. Dooley 2023

No comments:

Post a Comment