Saturday, November 10, 2018

WISH

Wish I could slice through life and take only what I like
Learn from my wrongs and leave them behind
Take my rights and always live in the light

Never wanting to walk in darkness just want to walk the path of kindness
Never wanting to win a fight just want to be blessed
Just want to feel the high of life

Wish I could pick the nostalgic moments of life take only what I like
Let them play over and over in my mind wouldn't that be fine
Leaving everyone wondering where I have been

Never had desires for royal things just simplicity that never will spoil
Never had artificial high never was apart of those circles to let me try
Just want to experience life

Wish I could have confidence turn my back on negative words from so-called friends
Forget the moments of regret don't let anyone live in my head without paying rent
I must like myself before letting anyone in

©Copyright Thomas Dooley 2018




No comments:

Post a Comment