Thursday, October 26, 2017

HIDDEN DREAMER

No one wants me, standing alone in a crowd
Living life from the outside
But inside I am the life of the party

Thought I had found the light
But again comes the night
Always told how wrong but never how right

Hidden dreamer
Too old to be a friend, too different to be a lover
Thought I was the reincarnation of your passions
Just like a check you just cash me in

Changed from the inside out
But that is not enough to keep me around
I become the afterthought when there is no sound

Thought I was that one man you could love
But your always blinded by another guy just for the fun
A few months later he is on the run

Hidden dreamer
Too inexperience to a lover, too much of a man to hold your hand
Thought I was the friend one day to be that lover
To forget you is to forget to breath I wish I would suffocate

©Copyright Thomas Dooley 2017







No comments:

Post a Comment